Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates
Last updated on 20 May 2020.
The information below is updated regularly and is subject to change.
Caring for our country and communities, by combating COVID-19 together, is our number one priority.
The entire world has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. We appreciate President Cyril Ramaphosa and the Government taking serious action to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and support the measures in place.
For the latest government updates around COVID-19 visit the SA Coronavirus Portal.
Trading under Level 4
We are operating under level 4 restrictions. As per the regulations specified by government, limited stores are permitted to apply to trade, including supermarkets, banks, pharmacies, pet stores and stores offering:
- baby/toddler care essentials and children’s clothing
- winter essentials, including winter clothing and footwear, bedding and heaters
- hot cooked food, for delivery only
- personal toiletries and household cleaning products
- hardware supplies
- stationery and educational books
- airtime and electricity
- home office equipment
- postal and courier services
The Centre is open from Mon – Sun: 9am – 6pm. Stores offering the above-mentioned items and services are permitted to apply to trade and may have their own specified trading hours - this may change at their own discretion. As stores are approved to operate by authorities, they will be listed below:
Centre access & information
|Parking: All Lower and Upper Level parking entrances are open (mezzanine and roof top parking closed). Parking is free.
Open entrances: All Lower and Upper Level entrances (1-8) are open, as well as Entrance 12 for pedestrian access.
Lifts and bathrooms: All lifts and bathrooms are operational.
Customer Service Desks: The Customer Service Desks located at Entrance 1 and 10 are operational. When interacting with customers, staff will remain seated behind a perspex shield, wear a mask and sanitise their hands, desk and equipment regularly. For general enquiries please contact them on (021) 529 9699.
Gift Cards: Gift Cards can be purchased at our Edgars Information Desk, with debit and credit cards accepted.
All shoppers are required to follow the health and safety protocols stipulated by the Government and National Department of Health. Please comply with these rules, including:
- Wearing a cloth mask/face covering at all times.
- Practising physical distancing of 1.5 metres.
- Practising protective hygiene, including washing hands and using sanitisers.
- One member per household permitted to shop at a time.
- Children are allowed to accompany an adult on an essential shopping trip. However, for their own health and safety, we ask that you leave your children at home, if possible .
- A limited number of customers will be allowed in stores, queues, lifts and on escalators.
Prior to and during your visit to the Centre, we recommend that you take the following additional precautionary measures:
- Prior to shopping, create a list of the goods you require in categories to avoid unnecessary browsing.
- Contact stores directly prior to your visit to check their trading hours or if you are looking for a specific item or service.
- Plan your parking and entrance access by checking the map and do not linger in the Centre.
- Avoid browsing and repeatedly picking up and putting down products.
- Making use of no-touch payment methods, such as Zapper, Snapscan and tap-and-go (check your settings regarding pin requirements).
- Make use of the in-store disinfectant wipes when making use of trolleys or baskets.
- If you do feel sick, stay home and seek medical attention.
- Stay informed, check trusted and reputable sources and avoid spreading rumours and fake news.
To protect the health, safety, and well-being of our customers and personnel working in the Centre, we are in continuous contact with the relevant local health authorities, and diligently following the World Health Organisation’s recommended preventative protocol and complying with the Lockdown Regulations. We have introduced the following additional precautionary measures and enhanced cleaning procedures:
- Increased cleaning routines and meticulously disinfecting the common areas and high touch-points of the Centre, with disinfectants that have the prescribed alcohol content.
- Communicating with our stores regularly, regarding updates and their in-store precautionary measures.
- Security in our Centre is still a core focus and remains in place.
- The Centre Management Office is operationally resourced.
- For Centre related enquiries please contact us via email or make use of our social media channels
If you would like to report any incidents that have taken place at the Centre, please contact our Security Control Room on (021) 529 9700.
We would like to thank you for your continued support and understanding.
Food Drive in aid of Gift of the Givers
We've partnered with the Gift of the Givers Foundation on a national in-centre food drive, in light of all that is happening with the COVID-19 crisis.
Food collection points are accessible outside Checkers, Game, Pick n Pay and Woolworths. We ask that you assist us by adding canned and dry food items to the collection point, when doing your own essential shopping.
We've teamed up with foodie, chef and food stylist, Bas Newman (@bas_new on Instagram), to bring you an easy-to-make dish of the week during lockdown. These dishes will include ingredients that you are likely to have in your fridge or pantry - put them together they create something different and delicious!
We’ve put together a list of things to keep you busy, productive and sane through the national lockdown. This is the ideal time and opportunity to try something new, hit the pause button, reflect and refocus. Let’s do this!