Top Halaal Restaurants and Takeaways in Canal Walk
No matter which cuisine you are craving, Canal Walk has a halaal option for every palate. From Asian cuisine and good old fashioned fish and chips to halaal food for the health-conscious, Canal Walk is a one-stop food destination where you’ll find some of the best halaal restaurants in Cape Town.
Perfect For Quick Takeaways
Looking for a quick bite to eat while you’re on the go or don’t feel like cooking dinner tonight? Then these top halaal takeaways will curb your hunger in a flash so you can keep going about your day and not have to worry about how you are going to fuel yourself.
- Anat: South Africa’s favourite shawarma shop serving up the best shawarmas, burgers, wraps and falafel in town. Whether you’re looking to enjoy your meal at home with the family or looking to grab a quick bite to eat during work, Anat is sure to satisfy those cravings and go the extra mile by putting a smile on your face after receiving such friendly service.
- Calamari Fisheries: Serving up some good old fashioned fish and chips as well as gatsby, grilled fish and calamari, of course. A definite must-try when you’re craving some seafood on the go.
- Steelies: Craving something local? What about a gatsby stuffed to the brim with all the good stuff? Sounds good; then look no further than Steelies at Canal Walk. Serving up some local favourites, including gatsby, burgers, sandwiches, and parcels. We hear the Masala steak sandwich is an in-house favourite!
For the health-conscious
Who says healthy food has to be boring? Obviously, people who have never tried these two spots!
- Kauai: All about bringing people food that’s simple, seasonal and sourced for sustainability. Their menus are made to fit all kinds of diets with easy on-the-go options and always a healthy variety of choices. From raw juices, superfood smoothies, breakfast, signature salads, bowls, and wraps, you'll be sure to find something for every diet.
- Sweetbeet: Sweetbeet is all about uncomplicated sophistication with its innovative and ever-evolving menu. Just because it’s healthy doesn’t mean it has to be bland! And Sweetbeet shows us just how exciting eating healthy can really be. Packed full of flavour and using only the freshest ingredients, they deliver high-quality meals packed full of flavour, colour and goodness each and every time. From salads, burritos, warm bowls, breakfast, juices, smoothies and super shots, there really is something on the menu for everyone.
Craving some Asian cuisine? Then Simply Asia has got you covered with their array of menu options ranging from ramen, Thai specialities, and soups to sushi. All freshly prepared with the highest quality ingredients, Simply Asia has been serving up some seriously good Thai food since 1993.
Italian food has got to be some of the best food out there, especially if you're craving carbs! Famous for their pizzas and pastas, Italians know a thing or two about good food.
And Col’Cacchio is no exception as one of the most loved Italian restaurants in Cape Town. Known since 1992 for their thin-based, wood-fired artisanal pizzas, Col'Cacchio has always valued quality and innovation when it comes to producing delicious food. But it's not all about pizza! Their pastas are a great choice, and don't forget about dessert! And to top it off, Col’Cacchio now offers a great range of mocktails as well.
A Global Feast / A Little Bit of Everything
When taking the family out to dinner, it's always a good idea to pick a spot that has a little bit of everything to avoid any conflict because we all know how heated food discussions can get! With the wide range of menu options these two restaurants have, they'll be your best bet to not start any unnecessary family drama.
- Brocka: Bringing the popular street food trend indoors, Brocka has added a modern twist to the casual dining scene. The innovative menu is a fusion of the most indulgent global flavours, which include waffles, milkshakes, burgers, wings, chilli poppers, ribs, grills, breakfast, salads, tacos, shakes and freaky fries. And they have specials for almost every day of the week!
- La Rocca: This is an all-day restaurant and coffee shop serving up some seriously awesome steaks, burgers, grills, pasta, seafood, sandwiches, eastern delicacies, and salads, as well as daily breakfasts. Even the fussiest of eaters are sure to find their perfect meal at La Rocca.
No matter what you’re looking to eat, your dietary restriction or personal preference, you’ll find a cuisine for every taste bud here at Canal Walk, so pick up the family, or order a take-in, and spoil yourself and them tonight!